X

Community

Community2020-11-25T11:40:50-06:00

As a member owned cooperate one of our missions at Southern Lakes is to give back to the communities we serve. Check back often for stories, articles, and to find out what is happening on our calendar of events.

Financial First: Making Your First Budget Plan

February 22nd, 2023|

How many times do we set a financial goal with the full intention to achieve it only to stop within a month? This time, we’re ending just as strong as we start. And our secret weapon is going [...]

Improving Your Credit Score in 3 Steps

February 22nd, 2023|

The words “credit score” often come with a headache, especially when you’re trying to figure out how to improve yours. That’s why we’re laying out three of the best ways to rebuild or improve your credit score and set [...]

Can’t Buy Me Love: Romantic Gifts That Won’t Break The Bank

February 22nd, 2023|

Whether you’re a fan of Valentine’s Day or not, chances are there has been a time when you wanted to get your sweetie a little something sweet. However, flowers can be expensive, and just because something costs a lot [...]

President’s Perspective

March 1st, 2021|

Hello Members of Southern Lakes Credit Union, A great old saying says “Start with the Finish in Mind”. This is such a true statement when it comes to goal setting. Right now I am at the start of my [...]

Thank You Thursday – 80th Street Anniversaries

February 22nd, 2021|

"Happy Thursday!” In the past few months we have highlighted many different local non-profit organizations with our #ThankYouThursday posts. This month we will be taking a bit more of personal approach with our message. We will be utilizing this [...]

President’s Perspective

January 22nd, 2021|

Hello Members of Southern Lakes Credit Union, Like everyone across the South East Wisconsin, Southern Lakes felt the impact of the pandemic and was put through the fire of COVID-19. A year like 2020 had us step back from [...]

Thank You Thursday – Elkhorn Anniversaries

January 21st, 2021|

Happy Thursday! In the past few months we have highlighted many different local non-profit organizations with our #ThankYouThursday posts. This month we will be taking a bit more of personal approach with our message. We will be utilizing this [...]

Mortgage Monday – Raising Your Credit Score

January 18th, 2021|

Hello Southern Lakes Members! Welcome back to Mortgage Monday with me, Shelly, your local Mortgage Loan Officer at your local lender, Southern Lakes Credit Union! Today’s topic is: Raising your credit score There are many factors that affect your credit [...]

Thank You Thursday – 60th Street Anniversaries

January 14th, 2021|

Happy Thursday! In the past few months we have highlighted many different local non-profit organizations with our #ThankYouThursday posts. This month we will be taking a bit more of personal approach with our message. We will be utilizing this [...]

Go to Top