Apply for SLCU Online
Last Updated: 08/14/2014 13:51:20
This agreement, together with our other Agreements and Disclosures governs your use of SLCU's Online Banking Service ("SLCU Online") which allows you to transfer funds, review account activity, and exchange electronic messages with SLCU by using the "Contact Us" section of our website.
Important Information to Read Before You Sign Up!
You must read and click on the I Agree button to continue.
1. Accessing your account through SLCU online confirms your agreement to be bound by all the disclosures and agreements, and acknowledges your receipt and understanding of this agreement.
2. If you request additional primary or joint accounts to be added to your SLCU Online access, you must have full signing authority on those accounts. Only an account owner or joint account owner may authorize payments or transfer payments from any account tied to SLCU Online. You will be given a temporary personal identification number ("PIN") when you initially sign up for the service. You will then change the password upon activating the account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your PIN to maintain the security of your account. SLCU is not responsible for unauthorized disclosure of your PIN or unauthorized use of SLCU Online services by a person utilizing your PIN. You agree to release and waive any claims against SLCU based on such unauthorized use. If there is a change in account ownership of any account(s) SLCU must be notified immediately. Under no circumstances and under no legal theory, tort, contract, or otherwise shall we be liable to you or any other person for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any character, including without limitation, damages for loss of goodwill, loss of use, data, or profits, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other commercial damages or losses. In no event will we be liable for any claim by any third party.
3. To use SLCU Online Banking Service's you need either a personal computer ("PC") with a modem and a web browser which uses 128-bit encryption technology or another Web access device. SLCU recommends that you use the most recent version of any Internet browser use in order to benefit from the strongest encryption technology available. You are responsible for installation, maintenance, and operation of your browser's software, PC, and modem, etc. We are not responsible for any errors or failures from any malfunction of your computer or any virus or other problems related to the use of the Online Banking Services (SLCU Online). Additionally, we are not responsible for any error, damages or other loss you may suffer due to malfunction or misallocation of any system you use, including your browser, your Internet Service Provider, your software, or any equipment you may use to access Internet Service or communicate with SLCU.
4. The service is generally available 24 hours a day, seven days a week; however, the service may be unavailable from time to time for routine software and hardware maintenance or due to unscheduled down time.
5. You may use SLCU Online to obtain balance and other information about your accounts and to transfer funds between certain accounts. Online requests received after 11:59 P.M. Central Time generally will not be processed until the next business day.
6. You have the right to terminate SLCU Online services at any time upon delivery of written notice to SLCU. SLCU has the right to terminate its obligation to provide SLCU Online services to you upon 10 days of written notice.
7. Access to SLCU Online may be denied at any time without notice if account ownership has changed.
8. SLCU may refuse any SLCU Online transaction that would result in a negative account balance. Any overdraft protection you may have does not apply to SLCU Online transactions.
9. Security: To keep unauthorized individuals from accessing your account by guessing your PIN we have instituted a PIN security system. If your PIN is entered incorrectly three consecutive times, the user is "locked out" of the system. You will then need to contact the Credit Union to have the "lock" taken off. We use encoding technology to ensure that your private information cannot be easily translated. On our SLCU Online service your information never travels the Internet without encryption protection. If you are logged onto the SLCU Online service but do not perform any activity for 10 minutes, you will not be able to proceed until you "re-log" on to the system. We have sophisticated firewalls (A firewall is either a hardware or software component that serves as a secure entrance to a system. A firewall can allow only specific parties to cross the path and access the system) and authentication processes to ensure that only authorized individuals are allowed to enter our system.
10. SLCU Online access is provided free of charge except for any fees associated for stop payment orders and federal regulations (see item #9). SLCU has the right to change the fees for SLCU Online with thirty (30) days of prior written notice to you. Additionally, SLCU has the right to amend these terms from time to time effective upon publication including posting on our Internet Web Site.
11. Transfers from Share Account: Federal regulations limit the number of pre-authorized electronic fund transfers and telephone transfers, including SLCU Online and TNT audio response transfers. You are limited to no more than six (6) pre-authorized, automatic, or telephone transfers from your share savings account at the Credit Union, or to another account at the Credit Union, or to a third party in any calendar month, and no more than three of these 6 transfers may be made by check, draft, debit card or similar order payable to a third party. If you exceed or attempt to exceed these transfer limits, a fee may be imposed on the excess transfer request, and the Credit Union may reclassify or close your account.
12. E-Mail messages: Certain areas on our Web Site allow you to submit information to us via e-mail. Sending e-mail through SLCU Online is a way to communicate with the Credit Union. We ask that you use e-mail when asking specific questions about your account(s). For transactions please use the appropriate functions within SLCU Online. We will collect and retain the e-mail address, along with information contained in the message, and will use it primarily to follow-up with you, to meet legal and regulatory requirements, and for marketing and/or research and development purposes. Please be advised that e-mail messages you send may not be secure against interception by unauthorized third parties. Therefore, you should avoid sending any confidential or sensitive information to us by e-mail or recognize that it may not be secure if you do so.
13. Third Party Links: The SLCU Web site may link you or provide links to other websites on the Internet. SLCU is not responsible or liable to you in connection with these websites. WHEN YOU ACCESS THESE WEBSITES AND THE SERVICES AVAILABLE THERETO, YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS WILL BE GOVERNED BY THE AGREEMENTS AND POLICIES RELATING TO THE USE OF THOSE SERVICES. The inclusion of links to such websites of the materials relating to such websites does not imply an endorsement of such website by SLCU.
14. IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OPENING ACCOUNTS - To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What that means for you: When you open an account, we may ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
Please print this page for your records